Elizabeth Laine values its customers and respects their privacy. This Privacy and Usage Policy applies to personal information that we collect about you through our website and our mobile application (collectively the “website”). This information is used to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions. Neither your name nor anything about you is sold to any other non-affiliated company or agency. However, as described in greater detail below, we may share your information under certain circumstances with business partners that help this site function or assist us in fulfilling your order. This Privacy and Usage Policy only covers information collected on the website, and does not cover any information collected offline by Elizabeth Laine, including information collected at our partner department stores or freestanding stores.
This policy describes the personal information we collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it, and when we share it with third parties. Our policy also describes the choices you can make about how we collect and use certain pieces of that information. The notice also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the personal information. We also tell you how you can reach us to ask us to (i) access, change or not use the personal information you have provided to us, (ii) withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, (iii) tell us to refrain from communicating with you about our products or services, and (iv) answer any questions you may have about our privacy practices. If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our website. You can tell if the policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears on this policy.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We sometimes ask you for certain kinds of personal information to provide the services you request. This information includes:
- Shopping – Through this website, you will be able to purchase Elizabeth Laine products and gift cards. We ask for information such as your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment card information in order to process your purchase, confirm your order and ship the items to you. If you elect to be added to the Elizabeth Laine email list, we may use your contact information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions.
- My Account – You have the opportunity to create a personal shopping account with Elizabeth Laine, which allows you to shop faster and easier. Using a user name and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information. In creating this account, you authorize Elizabeth Laine to store your name and email address. Should you elect to do so, you may also include in your “My Account” your telephone number, payment card information, and shipping and billing addresses. If you choose to include such additional information then you are also authorizing Elizabeth Laine to store such information until such time you elect to change or delete it. Each of these options is for your convenience only. If you ever use a public computer to visit the “My Account” section of our website we strongly encourage you to log out at the conclusion of your session.
Through the “My Account” feature, you may create a Wish List of products you want and share the items on your list by copying and pasting the URL. You may elect to make this Wish List public, so that friends and family can search for you by either name or email address.
- Email List – When you create an account with Elizabeth Laine, you will be given the option to be added to the Elizabeth Laine email list. Whether or not you select this option, your personal information will never be shared with or sold to anyone. Subscriptions to the email list can be cancelled at any time. To be removed from our email list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and the address in the message, or click the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of the emails we send you.
- Purchases – When you place an order, you will be asked to provide your credit card information.
- Customer Service – If you call our Customer Service center, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and if you choose to make a purchase, your credit card information. We use this information to assist you and to process your transaction. Purchases – When you place an order, you will be asked to provide your credit card information. Elizabeth Laine does not store your credit card information unless you choose to include it in your “My Account” (see above).
- Electronic Newsletters – You may be able to sign up on this site to receive electronic newsletters and promotional emails from Elizabeth Laine. To sign up we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, gender, age, and email preferences.
You will receive promotional emails from us only if you have asked to receive them. If you do not want to receive e-mail from Elizabeth Laine you may click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email communication sent by us. Please allow us ten (10) business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
- Surveys, Sweepstakes and Promotions – On this website, you may be able to participate in surveys, sweepstakes and promotions. If you choose to participate in these promotions, we may request information such as your name, age, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and interests or product preferences. This information is used to enter you into our contests, sweepstakes and other promotions. We may use this information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions, but only if you have given us your consent to do so.
- Email to a Friend – You may be able to share certain content from this website with your friends. In order to do so, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, zip code and telephone number. We will not include any other advertisements within the message sent your friends.
- Other Site Features – We offer visitors to this website various features for their information and enjoyment, which we may change from time to time. We may ask you to submit certain personal information so we can provide you with these features and send you communications about our products, services and promotions.
Information We Collect By Automated Means
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about how you browse our website.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more customized service. They enable us:
- To estimate usage numbers and patterns
- To store information about your preferences, and to allow us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our website.
Use of Your Personal Information
use the information we collect from our customers for various purposes, including:
- Process transactions upon their request
- Improve our stores, website, customers shopping experience and quality of service
- send communications about our products, services and promotions
- Prevent and detect fraud and abuse
- Process information or claims in connection with incidents at our stores
- Enable our service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf
- Comply with our legal obligations, policies and procedures and for internal administrative and analytic purposes.
Elizabeth Laine goes to great lengths to keep your financial information private and safe. We take appropriate physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via e-mail. Our customer service center and stores also operate over a private, secure network. Please note, however, that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will use every reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit to us, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by third parties. We will, however, prosecute any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions to the fullest extent permitted by law.
“SPOOFING” AND “PHISHING”
A common Internet scam is known as “spoofing” or “phishing.” This occurs when you receive an email from what appears to be a legitimate source requesting personal information from you. Please be aware that Elizabeth Laine will NEVER send you an email requesting you to verify credit card, bank information, or any other personal information. If you ever receive an email that appears to be from us requesting such information from you, DO NOT respond to it, and DO NOT click on any links appearing in the email. Instead, please forward the email to us at email@example.com, as we will investigate all instances of possible Internet fraud.
Our website is not meant for children, and we do not collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen. We will remove from our files any personally identifiable information of anyone we discover to be under thirteen years old. Our online contests or sweepstakes are restricted to entrants who are at least 18 years old.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 30 days for a response.
Intellectual Property Ownership and Use
Please be aware that as you visit and navigate this website your use of our site is subject to applicable laws governing ownership and use of intellectual property, including our trademarks and copyrights.
You may not use any of the Elizabeth Laine trademarks or trade dress without our prior written permission. Trademarks or trade dress include the Elizabeth Laine name and logos, and other graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names of Elizabeth Laine’s products, services, and programs. Any other trademarks that appear on our website are the property of their owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by us or our affiliates
All text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, and data compilations appearing on the website, as well as the software used to create them, are owned by Elizabeth Laine and are protected by U.S. and foreign copyright laws. You may electronically copy and/or print “hard copies” from the website solely for personal, non-commercial purposes related to placing an order or shopping on the website. Any other use of any content included on the website, including linking or framing to this website, are strictly prohibited unless you first obtain our prior written consent.
Except for information necessary to place an order, we do not want you to send to us any confidential or proprietary information through this website. Any information, materials, suggestions, ideas or comments sent to us will be considered non-confidential, and by submitting it, you are giving us the absolute right to use, modify, reproduce, transmit, display and distribute it for any purpose whatsoever, with no payment or other compensation to you. However, we will not use your name unless we are required by law to identify the source of the materials, information, suggestions, ideas or comments, or unless we first obtain your permission.
Errors and Inaccuracies
We always try to provide complete, accurate, up-to-date information on our website. Unfortunately, despite those efforts human or technological errors may occur. This site may contain typographical mistakes, inaccuracies, or omissions, some of which may relate to pricing and availability, and some information may not be complete or current. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, including after an order has been submitted, and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
Disclaimer of Liability
We make no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, with respect to this website, its content, or the information available on or through it; they are provided “as is,” with all faults. Except as otherwise provided under applicable laws, we will not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or related to the use of this website or any other site linked to it. This limitation of liability applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages you or others may suffer, as well as damages for lost profits, business interruption or the loss of data or information, even if we are notified in advance of the potential for any such damages.
By visiting our website, you agree that the laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and us or any of our affiliates regarding your visit to and use of our website.
This site, any portion of this site, or the products it sells may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose that is not expressly permitted by Elizabeth Laine.